Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Psalm 17:14-15 - A Good Reminder

"from men of the world whose portion is in this life.  You fill their womb with treasure; they are satisfied with children, and they leave their abundance to their infants.  As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness."

As a new father, I cannot help but be so delighted and absolutely infatuated with my baby boy.  I seriously love him so much.  But this passage is a reminder and a warning: do not let anything or anyone replace your love for the Lord.  The passage talks about two different types of people: those who are of the world and who are satisfied with the things of this world, and those who are like the psalmist, who are satisfied with the Lord and long to be with him.  I pray that I would be the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment