Friday, July 16, 2010

Thankful for days off work...

Today I have the day off...I'm thankful that my job allows for 9-80 schedule which means I work 9 hours a day, but every other week I get a day off.  I usually get Mondays off, but this week I got Friday off.  So what have I done today?

1. Cooked breakfast - on my Mondays off/Saturdays free I cook breakfast for my lovely wife.  It's a tradition that I really enjoy.  If you didn't know, I really really like cooking.  In fact, if I could do anything as a job, I would love to be a chef.  So today I made a fluffy cheese omelette, along with pan fried bread (with melted butter and cheese, of course), and a mix of onions, mushrooms and Aidell's mango sausage.  It was really good, if I do say so myself.

2. Painted the door sills for our place and our neighbor's.  Felt manly going to Home Depot and getting materials.

3. Spent time in the Word and in prayer.  Today I read about Zacheus, the short tax collector that Jesus stayed with.  What an amazing story off God's grace.  Jesus summed it up by saying that He had come to seek and save the lost.  Praise God!

Going to go to Costco in a little bit, and then hanging out with some friends.  Woohoot!  Thankful for all these wonderful gifts from God.

P.S. - Recommend this book for anyone who is on a praise team for their church, or for any Christian who wants a better understanding of the role music/praise plays in worship.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment