Friday, July 30, 2010

Thankful for hymns...

Every now and then (or maybe every Friday?) I'll post a hymn that really encourages me.  In general, I am so thankful to these musicians and authors for the work they have done.  God used them during their days, and now, He is still using them to teach and encourage us.  Or as Colossians 3:16 says

Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Here is a hymn that I recently heard off the CD "Unceasing Worship", which is a compilation of songs from Grace Community Church.  I couldn't find it on Amazon, but it's really good.  Anyways, the song is called, "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place." 

The lyrics are wonderful, but I really love the chorus:

I need no other argument,

I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Sweet words.  Praise the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment